Our Connections program is open for registration!
This program serves youth 16-24 years old who need to finish their high school degree and find themselves unable to do so in regular high school or adult education. In Connections, we don’t just do school, we learn about life, setting goals, acquiring skills and developing autonomy.
Read more about connections here.
For more information or to inquire about registration, please call Jenna at 514 843-3996.
Families and parents with young children, don’t miss the next Stories for the Soul, Food for the Belly!
Saturday May 27th, 10am at Innovation Youth
10:00 Story Time with Mother Goose and Me
10:30 Creative activity with YWCA
Thanks to the Montreal Children’s Library and the Y des Femmes de Montréal for their collaboration!
Urban gardening ! This is a great opportunity to gain some work experience, make some money and learn new skills!
- You are at least 14 years old
- You will be in Montreal from June 26th- August 25th
- You are ready to learn gardening and work outdoors
- You are interested by the environment
- You can work in a team
- Your parents must sign a permission slip if you are under 18 years old.
Email Jenna Smith: email@example.com or call 514 843-3996 to sign up
Don’t miss this great event!
Stories for the Soul – April 29th at 10: 00 at Innovation Youth!
1410 rue Pierce, bur.150
10: 00 story time with College Frontiere
10:30 arts and crafts with Eco-Quartier Peter McGill
A healthy snack with recipe is provided
Nurse on spot to answer parents’ questions!
Do not miss the Sugar Schack at Cabot Square!
Sautrday April 22nd from 11 am to 2 pm
Activities, free food and traditional dancing!
This week, our Connections program students made blueberry muffins! We enjoyed them, and made enough to give to the Open Door Today.
Here is the recipe – use the variety you like!
2 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
¼ cup of oil or melted margarine
Mix dry ingredients
Beat eggs, milk and margarine
Mix together wet and dry ingredients (as well as ingredients from the variables!)
Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way
Cook 15-20 minutes at 400 F
- Cheese and apple: add 4 more tablespoons of sugar, ½ cup of grated mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of grated and peeled apples.
- Blueberry or raspberry: add ½ cup more of sugar and ¾ cups of frozen fruits
- Spices and raisins: Add 4 more tablespoons of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves, ¼ cup of raisins.
- Banana and nuts: Add ½ cup of more sugar, 1 banana, ½ cup of crushed walnuts
- Chocolat: Add 1 ½ cup of chocolat chips
Who likes waste? Not us!
Join us for a 5 à 7 on Thursday March 16th. There will be organizations, workshops and activities to help you reduce your domestic waste!
Where: Concordia Hall Building – 1455 de Maisonneuve west- 7th floor
RSVP: 514 934-2280
Upcoming event! Stories for the soul, food for the belly
Don’t miss this great event on Saturday, February 25th, 10 am at Innovation Youth !! Stories, food, music and consults with a nurse!
10 a.m – Andrea Connors, music therapist, will lead an interactive music activity for children and their parents.
10:30 a.m – Vila Woo from HappyImagination will guide children in a craft workshop with a musical theme!
A healthy snack (with recipe) will be provided, and a nurse will be on site to answer questions from parents!
Stories for the Soul will be a monthly event.
Information : Stories for the Soul