This week, our Connections program students made blueberry muffins! We enjoyed them, and made enough to give to the Open Door Today.
Here is the recipe – use the variety you like!
2 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
¼ cup of oil or melted margarine
Mix dry ingredients
Beat eggs, milk and margarine
Mix together wet and dry ingredients (as well as ingredients from the variables!)
Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way
Cook 15-20 minutes at 400 F
- Cheese and apple: add 4 more tablespoons of sugar, ½ cup of grated mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of grated and peeled apples.
- Blueberry or raspberry: add ½ cup more of sugar and ¾ cups of frozen fruits
- Spices and raisins: Add 4 more tablespoons of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves, ¼ cup of raisins.
- Banana and nuts: Add ½ cup of more sugar, 1 banana, ½ cup of crushed walnuts
- Chocolat: Add 1 ½ cup of chocolat chips